"The last wishes of Alexander the Great"; I am seeking to verify this by some fast extensive reading, but if so, this is stunning and I wanted to share...so light reading
The Greatest Military General in History,, who only lived to be 32 Years old
"My first desire is that", said Alexander, "My physicians alone must" carry my coffin."
2) After a pause, he continued, "Secondly, I desire that when my coffin is being carried to the grave, the path leading to the graveyard be strewn with gold, silver and precious stones which I have collected in my treasury".
3) "My third and last wish is that both my hands be kept dangling out of my coffin".
The people who had gathered there wondered at the king's strange wishes.
One of his generals who was surprised by these unusual requests asked Alexander to explain.
Here is what Alexander the Great had to say:
1. I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that, in the face of death, even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal
2. I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth, stays on earth
3. I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is TIME.
He was ahead of his time especially for his age. A 32 year old today is still in his parents basement playing video games.
That was wonderful